Sunday, December 17, 2006

just thinkin...

was listening to XM the other day when someone brought up a good point...somebody like Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles would never be a star today. Wouldnt even get a sniff...and thats sad.

... and after having to wait in line at Walmart the other night, I still gotta wonder why there are people who still write checks. I know their are times it would be warranted, but....

my car is missed. At least i miss it. It was supposed to take 4 days to get it fixed. took it in last Monday morn, got a Chevy Cobalt. Boy...there is a car for you. This car shouts "rental". about the only thing this car has going for it is that it has that automatic light option, where your lights come on automatically... and off too. I never even touch the light switch. might have to investigate that option on my next vehicle. i think my tartget for the jetta is 200,000 miles.

The twins birthday was yesterday, and so began the birthday/xmas toy o rama. But i am struck more about the fact that some people had the nerve to imply that our kids wouldnt make it that far 8 or so years ago. I will always remember the people who talked of what of the kids, etc as if they would meet doom and gloom. Instead, Disney reps are asking to take pictures of my daughter at Disney on Ice in her Cinderella outfit... i dont know ...whatever...and to those of you who doubted...tsk tsk...like I said back then. the good ship Happy set sail, and those who were on board have had a good time. those who chose not to be on board have either been left behind in their own sad worlds, or have been playin catchup ever since... yeah i know, some of you are probably saying something like "let it go" or whatever. In this case...I dont think so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Were the kids sick when they were born? Why wouldn't they make it?

Lisa Keasler said...

why haven't you written lately? i keep checking, but nothing new... :(