Tuesday, February 15, 2011

routine and new stuff...

part of the routine now is sunday afternoon practice.... I-Man is producing tones amazingly well for what I thought he would be able to do for a while. he doesnt know the range he is showing because he still kinda just views them as random notes. As an aside, I find it startling when I see I-Man's reaction to Music and see a LOT of similarities between him and me and how Music makes me feel at times... its just that he is far more apt to jump up and start dancing. What is so obvious is how it affects him. And to see the happiness makes me cringe when sometimes we have to tell him to settle down, cause I really.. really.. REALLY dont want to curb that enthusiasm for something so imortant to me...


..Meanwhile Ryles is having a slightly harder time producing tones and notes on the Clarinet. She is doing about to be expected for the instrument, which I found tricky even after years of playing the saxophone. I worry that she will become discouraged while I-Man seemingly has an easier time of playing the Euphonium. I try to emphasis to her that even the most experienced players squeak occasionally, and that mastery of that embouchure takes a while longer than a brass instrument. That being said, she is doing fine and producing notes just fine... I still wonder if this is ultimately the instrument for her.

No comments: