Monday, August 15, 2005

lots of thinking going on....

10 years ago, I lost a dear friend. Now, granted, i wasnt as close to him as a couple of people who read this, but i did consider him to be the type of person i would still be in touch with today as i am with the people I consider to be within my personal circle of friends. I think back to that time, especially these days...10 years ago...wow. His death really changed the course of where I was heading with things. I was just elected to my first term as President..Scott was Secretary and it was widely assumed he would follow me as President of the chapter. Instead, i remain as president for 3 years, go on to be District VP then President, then attain National Office. Eventually I become Sponsor of the chapter and Kappa Kappa Psi in a very important part of my life. I must admit that having to call all the brothers and tell them of his death, and then try to push forward during those difficult times changed things with me. And i always consider that time as the beginning of what i consider to be the "modern" times of my life. I look at it now...Josh is married and has just celebrated the birth of his child....kim is married and has a son...I am married to jessica and have twins, one of whom is partially named after Scott.... Lisa and TJ are married with a son....the list goes on.... who would have thunk it at that time that all of that would happen.. I never will forget the conversation I had with kristen immediately following his funeral, driving back to clemson, a couple of days before bandcamp, and us talking about how life would never seem the same again.

And..it didn't.

10 years ago. Seems like forever and a day...yet seems like yesterday. I regret that I havent been able to get to your grave recently, Scott. but i will stop by sometime soon. I told you the day we said goodbye to you that i would never forget you, and i wont.

No comments: