Thursday, August 17, 2006

Its kinda strange...

...to be driving along, with XM on and the kids in the back and this song comes on, and suddenly, I-Man starts singing along to the song...and its not the silent sorta whisper he does at times...he's like...singing. And all into it. I'm like..."what they hey?" this is what he started singing and thats why i was caught a little off guard. You dont normally think you will hear your 4 1/2 year old singing this....

We’re soarin’, flyin’
There’s not a star in heaven
That we can’t reach


Anyone know what this is from?

twice now Ryles has mentioned that she wants to play the drums...this is akin to Tommy Bowden's son suddenly saying that he wants to play Tuba in the band.... kinda goes against the grain a tad..but if she ultimately wants to do that I'll suck in my pride and...point her toward the pit. I could bear seeing her in the pit for the Cadets or Blue Devils one day. Oh well..gotta get her on those piano lessons first....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good call on the violas. But free lessons? Where'd that come from? My time don't come cheap. But I do have plenty of instructional material and I do offer a "friends & family" discount. Have your people call my people.

Grandpa said...

ummmm...notice i said pit....that is Ryles will be playing marimba or or something. you know, one of those mallets chicks who runs over to the big Symphonic Band bass drum the band parents roll out, to hit it at the very end for the big finale... you can visualize it...kinda jumping in the air as she hits it. that sort thing....

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I got schoolin' for that stuff too. I did play in the front ensemble with Carolina Thunder in '99 and attended the Fine Arts Center in Greenville that same year. I gots music theory comin' out my ass. And we actually spent like a month on technique for concert bass drum, and another month on triangle. Tamborine was like a whole semester, with the thumb rolls and such. And yes, I've done the mallet thing. I've done 12-tone scale melodies in 16/17 with one hand, playing a rack of cymbals with the other.
So you can kiss my ass with all that, "Oh I meant REAL music, not that silly drumline" shit.

;)