Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Ok... so V was actually pretty decent last night. Set-up some stuff nicely. I guess it is a little different because I already kinda know the story and theoretically what is going to happen. This is exactly the same as my experience with Battlestar but I expect that once they get to March, things will be a little bit more unpredictable....

I have mentioned before that I dont seem to remember any dreams that I have, except occasionally. I had a dream the other day and the only reason I can tell you this is that I remember that Kristen was in the dream. And I only remember that we were sitting at a table talking. And that is all I remember. I dont remember what we were talking about or anything. Its strange because it almost seems that if anyone I know comes into a dream I am having, I immediately wake up. I know this because its almost as though I only remember that someone I know is suddenly in the dream and my mind shuts down the dream and wakes me up. And I usually wake up and think "that was weird", and then try to remember what the dream was about and I cant recall. It's happened with other friends too. I always wake up as soon as they come into the dream and that is the only time I remember or notice that I have even had a dream. People say that I dream ( or that I have to ) but my experience of sleep (as far as I can recall usually) is that I lay down, close my eyes and within a minute I am asleep and the next thing I know the alarm is going off or I wake up several hours later. Blank space (or darkness) is all i usually recall... Strange. maybe I need to research why this happens. Sure it means something or another...

50 days till Christmas. I am (as well as Santa) pretty much finished with gift shopping. Maybe one more thing for my secret family person I drew the other day, and I will call it a day... But I do hope to start this holiday season with making sure I-Man and Ryles understand the real original reasons behind the Holidays and the religious significance of it. Even though we aren't overtly (or overly) religious, I have always felt that it provides a solid foundation and I dont want Christmas to be only about how much loot we can haul in during their Gift-O-Rama week between their birthdays and Christmas. And for some reason, even though the "Let Start XMAS in August!!!" thingy has been going on for several years now, I have always never thought the "Holidays" started until Turkey Day... but.. for some reason, I walked outside yesterday and it felt like the "Holidays" were already here. Not sure why I felt that way, but I did.

And I as I mentioned before, next year's travel/event sched seems to be setting up to be eventful indeed. Plans are setting up for a return to Bristol, Darlington, and Charlotte for races, as well as maybe fittin in Atlanta in the Fall. Potentially Monster trucks in the ATL in January. Going to try to see a NBA game as well as get to the Braves this summer. Summer will also bring a potential trip with the twins back up north, as well as a cruise with Grandma and another some more sharkfishin'. Another trip for a wedding in September, as well as a couple of Fraternity events have me looking at something in EVERY month thru November. Which is how I like it... I like having something to look forward to and plan mentally for. Gives me "Hope for Change" in the daily doldrums of work....

No comments: