Sunday, February 07, 2010

Busy times...

So... My mother had some slight computer issues and we got those resolved over the weekend. SO I went thru good ole Fountain Inn the other day and saw the drug store I used to always go to was closed... ah, the Sgt Rock and Shogun Warrior comics that were 25 cents back then... oh, and Richie Rich and an occasional Batman comic... but the store, now shuttered... then as I left town I passed the same little house where chicken/dog fights STILL go on every Friday and Saturday night. Then I passed by the A frame house that I thought was so odd then, but now is just another A frame house...

I think the thing that strikes me every time I return home now is just how different it is there. So quiet. I mean, you walk outside and you dont hear the cars/trucks and bustle that you hear even in this small suburb/town we live in. Just absolute quiet... maybe off in the distance I can hear that superhighway... an occasional dog barking off in the distance. But...So quiet...and also... it is SO DARK. I look up and its like so many stars....

I find it humorous to hear my son tell Brian "Say Hello to My Little Friend!!!" as he guns him down in Call of Duty. But I i am wary of how much I want to let him play that game as it has a lot of violence and graphic depictions of killing. I am also struck how quickly he adapted to the dual method of controls you have to utilize to play the game. While Brian was pretty much mopping him up, occasionally I-Man would take him out. I-Man was classic in his inexperience... thinking only to look at what is straight ahead of him, and not taking any consideration as to what is behind him, above him, below him or beside him... Kinda reminds me of the current ACTIVES in the Frat... But I think we will guide him back to his Nintendo DS and Penguins games...

Many thanks to Harwoods for letting me use his lift to change the brakes on Jessica's car. And it is also fun to see Ryles and I-Man play with the Harwood kids, more so with his daughter. She obviously enjoys getting to play with the twins. They then came over for Hamburgers on Saturday...
... I cooked a legitimate one pound hamburger on the grill and ate the entire thing. It was quite tasty but it was at teh limit as to what I could pound thru at one setting. It did shrink while on the grill and I was able to get it on an oversize bun. thru some chili and bacon on it and man, it was a handful...

HARVICK WINS THE BUD SHOOTOUT...ok, still pondering a change to the #14 but if the #29 is competitive, I wont change, especially since someone else is already pulling for the #14... but if Stewart can lay off the red in his paint scheme, maybe I can stomach it...

No comments: