Wednesday, September 08, 2010

technology...

My Jetta has developed a shudder-shake during slowdowns over the past few months. As the engine rpms dropped to idle while braking, it would start to shake violently until it got to 900 rpms (idle)... well, after much reading, I found out I could use my VAG COM tool and connect a computer to my car and access the settings in the engine that control that shudder. Seems that over time, it had adjusted itself too low on air-fuel mix at certain ranges... So, hooked uo the PC to the port on the car under the steering wheel, ran this program and started tinkering with control modules. and Voila!!... changed a number from 32768 to 32668 and heard the engine hiccup for a second and start running smoother. i am thinking to myself "Are you Frakkin' serious?" and get in the car and drive around the block a couple of times. Its like the car feels brand new. Go figure... This program allows me to see all sorts of stuff in real time on the car.

Now I gotta go check in on a cat before work....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Nice work!! How cool is that! And the Jetta cruises on!!