Thursday, September 09, 2010

Top Ten Moments of my Life (so far)

#9 Top Moment of My Life

...in no particular order

Way back in the seventh grade i decided to play the saxophone... I cannot remember the exact time or day, but a lot of things in my life from that point on stem from that decision. Perhaps a larger decision would be to play in band INSTEAD of playing football (or sports, in general) going into highschool.

I was a pretty good football player for junior high. A lot of people thought I would be a great player in highschool and move on to college. Looking back. I probably would have been good, but a major college type player? Probably not. My size would have had me playing at Furman or Newberry or some place like that. Those schools and programs are great and it would have been a great opportunity. But I didnt go that direction... Instead...

Friendships with Billy, Julie, Jobert and John in highschool developed mainly because of band. Looking at it now, my entire family is a direct result of that decision to do band. Wife, kids... closest friends... lifelong friends.... because of band. Family vacations revolve around seeing friends that resulted from long bus rides, hot practices, hundreds of rehearsals and countless hours at Huddle House. And a long the way, we played a few songs....

Band. Music, Fraternity.... friends and family. All because I decided to play a silver saxophone...

1 comment:

Florida John said...

Hang 'em high, Dude...
because, She Believes In Me...
birthday makes her an Aquarius...
bet she vacations in Ice Castles...