Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I have been switch to a new medicine to take daily to maintain my blood sugar levela and it has made me somewhat nauseous all the time. Initially for a couple of days it was really bad and has gotten better since then. I now only seem to go thru occasional bouts of it now... but i must admit that once i took the medicine my levels dropped almost 100 points immediately and i did feel better overall.... I must admit that I fear and now loath the upcoming Halloween and all the candy. It severely tests my resolve and I always end up giving in to eating some candy somewhere. My problem is that it seems to have become almost addictive to me.. the taste.. i think because I hardly ever taste it, it is almost like crack or something (not that I really know what that is like, to be honest... but from what I gather). And I dread my kids coming home with mother loads of candy... and the candy buckets at work... and virtually NONE of it that I can eat without feeling bad for hours afterwards. I wish I could simply tell my kids to not bring it home. To give it to charity or something. But that aint happening.. I wish I could get them to understand that all that candy will eventually lead them to be in the same situation as me. But it seems they are doomed to fall into the same trap unless I become the big bad mean Daddy....

No comments: