Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Tsk, tsk...sigh....

Every so often, I have someone rag me about my driving too slow, or not pulling out quick enough, or being careful when pulling into places while driving. I always say that I'd rather get their slower than not get there at all. Today, over near the Ga/SC stateline, a car with 5 people was hit by a train. All 5 people were killed. the lights were working at the crossing. 2 other cars beat the train by crossing over before it arrived. But the last one didnt. the train consisted of the engine and 2 other cars. It would have made them wait perhaps a minute for the train to pass. So, if they would have made it, they would have saved a minute. Instead, they are dead. Hmmmm..wonder if their friends, coworkers, family...whoever was at their destination would rather have them there a minute earlier or dead? Like I said...rather be later by a few seconds or minutes...than dead.

on another "tsk, tsk" thought...went to a "Reading to your kids is good" thingy last night at the daycare. They provided pizza, cookies and passed out info on the importance of reading to your kids everyday. Now, we read to our kids virtually everyday, so this is not the gist of my rant... but what i did notice was that I was the only male adult there. You mean to tell me that no other father could find the time to be there? Now I know that some legitimate excuses existed, but surely some guys were being slack asses. I am proud to say that I am always going to make sure to be a positive influence in my twins life, and that starts by at LEAST making an effort, even if it means getting off your ass and showing up for something that might actually bore you. I hope any beginning father ( and I know that some of my friends with kids a little behind me on the timescale read this at times) sacks up and does the right thing for their kids, at anytime possible. Of course, thinking about this makes me realize that I am happy to say that my friends who are reading this are probably all doing what they need to do to raise their children properly. and thinking further, I doubt that the people who need to be admonished for not doing things are sitting online reading blogs.... so...forget I even ranted about that. You guys are all doing what you need to do anyway....

No comments: