Friday, March 10, 2006

what the hey?

this morning, I'm helping Ian get dressed. he suddenly says, " I have to talk to you in Spanish." I kinda chuckle to my self. He adamantly says" I have to talk to you in Spanish!" And then he starts talking a couple of sentences in Spanish. I'm like..."What?" he repeats what he said...something I recognize is Spanish but have no idea what he said. Rylee saunters in in her usual "I'm a Diva" mood, and starts talking in Spanish too. And then, she starts saying words, and the English translation..."Spoon"..."Cuchara".... "cup"..."copa".... i am kinda floored by this. Ian strolls off still muttering in Spanish. I knew that they should understand Spanish, but they have never acknowledged that they did, here they are obviously aware that they know two different languages, and can go back and forth whenever they want. I ask Rylee to recite her numbers in Spanish. She sighs, rolls her eyes... and walks off after Ian.

No comments: