Monday, October 13, 2008

Change, passion and hotties

So... looks like Bowden has said "Look son, I appreciate all you have done but... I got a BIG mortgage to pay, and my job is on the line. If you cant MAKE a PLAY, you got to got to gots to go sit down and if I'm going to get fired, at least I wont have left any options on the bench".... All these fans been talking about playing the backup...well... we're going to see if he's the real deal or not...

I watch Dr. Lou on Thursday nights and while a lot of people like to make fun of him, he does actually say some profound things... one of the things he mentioned last time was talking about having a passion for something... here is his quote..."everybody needs four things in life: everybody needs something to do, someone to love, something to hope for, and something to believe in. You have to have those four things." I heard that and it struck me because that is something i personally have tried to always apply to myself. talking to a friend the other night, I heard them mention that they were a little "down" and and my mental question to myself was "do they have these four things to think about?" I couldnt remember the exact Dr. Lou quote, but found it for them... I always end up falling back on my own little personal statement that sometimes drives my wife crazy, but has yet to not be true... "The sun will rise tomorrow...everythings going to be just fine."

I-Man had a moment the other night while watching the beginning of the race... when the camera showed the Lowes car and its driver, they showed his wife standing beside him. I-Man immediately says "Ohhhh...she's a hottie!!!....wow...she's hot!" (crickets chirping in room as I tried to process the many different levels of meaning and ramifications of that statement) Me..."what did you just say I-Man?"... I-Man says..."SHE'S REALLY HOT!"...giggles and walks off with his lego pieces to make another random vehicle... Of course, when Jessica got home, I immediately waited till the Lowes car was on TV again (not too long, unfortunately) and asked I-Man to tell momma what he told me...she didnt think too highly of his statement....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually saw that Dr. Lou moment, believe it or not. He can be wise. Thank you for reminding me of that. :)

Your "down" friend