Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tickets, please

"At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell. But as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found, one Christmas, that she could no longer hear it’s sweet sound. Though I have grown old, the bell still rings for me. As it does for all who truly believe." - Hero Boy

...Santa was talking to me a couple of days ago(we have a surprisingly close relationship) and he was telling me that he figures this might be the last year I can think that the kids will not ask any questions about what is in the house right in front of them...

...After our HD Box went dead on Sunday, I have realized after all the comedy of error on part of Charter, that they are idiots... After 3 days of snafu and a bunch of irate calls and 2 visits to the local office, we finally have cable and HD again downstairs....

..and then did I mention that after I reported the smell of gas near our house, they came out and found the cause of the gas smell way up the hill at another house. Then they supposedly found a potential leak underground at the base of the fron of the house, but they cant actually confirm a leak..but... they cut our gas off and wont turn it back on until we pay to have test run on our lines, potentially dig up our front yard and eliminate any possible leak that may or may not be there...at our expense. Well... looks like the gas powered Hot water heater is about to be heading to the dump and in comes a new fangled electric hot water heater...

So..the comedy of errors for a week is about to end...just when I thought I would have to figure out a way to run power over to where the hot water heater will go...well.. lookee here...whats this? well, i'll be...there is power running down the wall right exactly where I need it. looks like someone was thinking WAAAYYYY ahead of me about this.

So...agenda for the weekend... drop 300 on a hot water heater, get it hooked up and see if we can get it powered up so we can get hot water again...oh, and go to I-Man's last soccer match of the Fall...oh, yeah...Halloween tomorrow night...

1 comment:

Andee said...

Um, what? All at your expense? I don't think so - I definitely would be going the electric or tankless route as well.