Friday, October 17, 2008

"Memories of the past remain in the past, but as you make new memories in the present and walk towards the future, the past is still simply, the best. ~ Mark Aaron A. Corrales "

This has been a kinda cool week in that I heard from a childhood friend the other day, and that really brought back some memories...these come from WAYYYY back, long before band and all of what followed that really steered me toward my friendships, wife and family of today. These are a couple of cousins that I feel I really had a lot in common with, at the end of the day. Our paths veered away from each other as their parents had to move elsewhere, but one of my few memories now of childhood are from playing out in the yard with them. Thinking back on walking up and down the road to each other's houses, I wonder if that would be allowed in todays "here today, snatched and kidnapped the next minute" society...

..I then went to see the old highschool play the local highschool tonight. I had not seen the highschool play since the 80's and, well, they kicked butt just like to State Champs years from my highschool days...I stayed thru halftime to watch the band (of course) then left for I think I will be spending friday nights watchin my kids in some form or fashion soon enough.... be it Football ( i doubt), band, cheerleadin...something... I dont think I want to think about my kids walking around with a cell phone glued to the ear trying to be cool....

No comments: