Wednesday, December 09, 2009

um... yeah....

So the conversation goes like this....

I-Man: Why does Elf on Shelf feel like plastic?

me: thinkin to myself "well..it gets a little cool at night downstairs cause I turn the heat down lest Obama come and demand more taxes from me cause he thinks I am using to much energy while he jets around the word guzzling thousands of gallons a gas a day campaigning for another term"... but I actually say..." He freezes up so he can be super silent and hear everything you guys say"

I-Man: thinking somewhat hard as he drinks his hot chocolate... "he didnt move last night. He is in the exact same spot."

me: thinkin' "DAMMIT!" but I say " Santa is really busy with Parades so he has told his elves to save money (see previous statement about gas) and only report back to him every other day"

I-Man: "his hands and feet are in the same place everyday"

me: crickets chirping...."yeah... he's kinda like me in that he likes to put his hands in his pockets when it gets a tad bit chilly"

I-Man: "but he's wearing gloves"

me: "well... that's a good point" getting a bit nervous here...

me: "wow, isnt this Demi Lovato on the radio?"

I-Man: "Yes it is!!!! Its her new song, and its from blah, blah, blah. Blah blah, blah, blah blah... and it's really cool..."

me: whew....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those damn observant kids! "Bill" (what Harry named him) didn't move the other night.

Michael- "You move Bill?"
Me- "Sh*t!"
Harry- "Bill didn't move last night..."
Me- "Sometimes Bill didn't see enough the day before where he is so I guess he needs to stay there a little longer... "
Harry- "Ooohhh..."
Me- oh boy... only a few more years until he starts debating me on my crap...

Kristen

Grandpa said...

yeah... our little Elf is named "Al".. go figure...

Andee said...

We don't have an elf for exactly this reason.... He wouldn't move every night and then the game would be up. But this post made me laugh!