Thursday, March 11, 2010


So... I went down to New Orleans last weekend. I had never been there before. Just imagine Charleston on Steroids. DEFINITELY an adult type place and I don't think I want to envision my daughter going there anytime before... oh... say... NEVER. I-Man is, or course, a different story.... I think I might have to put thsat one my docket as a place to arrange a group getaway sometime in the far future when everyone can take a weekend away from their kids...

I think the biggest thing I noticed was that it was entirely different on Bourbon Street. It was party central pretty much 24/7 while 3 blocks away was seedy town. I didnt have an opportunity to see of the hurricane Katrina stuff, as in demolished houses or anything, but I did notice a large amount of trash along the highway and part of me speculated that maybe it was from hurricane Katrina.

No comments: