Tuesday, July 20, 2010

pondering....

Returning from "vacation" and getting back to work has given me pause for thought....

I place a lot of stock in my time that I visit with friends. No... it isnt ever going to be 4 hours talking about stuff at Huddle House anymore, or long bus rides to wherever talking about things that are SOOOOO important, or even sitting in a bar over a drink talking sports. I understand that. That just simply wont ever happen again, I guess.

But it is so great to be able to simply see and hear friends in "real time", even if it is for what usually turns out to be a 45 minute conversation once a year. At least it is to me.... I spend so much time immersed in a computer screen away from ANYONE I remotely even care to talk to. That is why I look so forward to a trip six months from now. It is also why I get extremely irate about petty arguments that take away or interfere with stuff I look forward to. We are not promised tomorrow. The next time the phone rings could be a call telling you that somebody important is GONE. I have answered the phone and had someone tell me that my Father had passed. I have answered the phone and had someone tell me my Grandmother (an extremely important person in my childhood) was GONE. I have had that call telling me a dear friend was gone. SO when I hear that family members are avoiding each other and not talking, it pisses me off. Because it is a waste of time, and sets everyone up for a bad experience. Karma is a bitch. And I dont like to mess with it.

Anyways, I guess maybe I should simply not waste mental energy thinking about getting family together at some point in time in the future. Maybe it is a flawed way of thinking. Certainly sometimes feels I am the only one taking this seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Karma is a bitch. But one can only do so much and take so much before throwing in the towel. I take things like this very seriously and if other people can't man-up and take responsibility, then that's their issue and will only suffer themselves.