Monday, December 20, 2004

An Embarrasment of Riches

it was an embarrasment of riches...but yet it wasnt embarrasing, or extremely rich. But it was thought provoking to me. The twins celebrated their birthday with a party on Saturday with one of their playmates from daycare, and 3 other kids. They got so much stuff, part from what they got from Jessica and me. Got got stuff from the grandparents, from Aunt Ellen, friends, etc....and it made me realize that they really have gotten more stuff in their lifetime than I EVER got. Period. And I was wondering if it is a good thing? And I think it is.... i guess I want my children to be better off than I was, although I was in a good position growing up. And I hope that my grandchildren will be better off than my children.

Jessica got a fire bowl from a couple of generous friends.... we sat outside until 1:30am last night around the Port-A-Bonfire...kinda was wondering last night if it shouldnt make it warmer around the old campfire, so to speak. Upon further thought this morning, I realized that since it was ...like....10 degrees!!!!!!!! outside last night, i think the fire was working overtime to counteract the extreme cold. It will probably fare better in the future when it isnt as severely cold. But it is cool...a ready made bonfire that we can place anywhere (within reason)

I have got to get our xmas cards out this week...been slack the past week.

No comments: