Thursday, March 29, 2007

American Idol has jumped the Shark

...now, i dont watch American Idol. But you cant miss hearing about it all the time from everyone else who does watch it. And i have seen/heard the clips of this Sanjaya fellow who obviously should not be singing on what is suposed to be a talent show of this level. As far as I'm concerned, if the voting "public" votes off the Sligh fellow (who actually has shown some level of talent) and keeps that Sanjaya guy in, then American Idol has no credibility with me and I can just call it what it is...a popularity contest. But, then again, isnt that what it is all about anyway...as I have said before, it is more about looks and marketing. Think that wasnt marketing when they showed that girl cryin the other day? Like i said before, place this contest in the 60's, take a young Stevie Wonder, or a young Ray Charles, or Roy Orbison and those guys would not have even made it pass the initial auditions....but when the "public" voting is young, white girls between 8 and 18, you can see why this contest (sic) is a farce and is losing credibilty every year...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad Chris is gone, but his performance this week was pretty bad so I thought it might happen. He had no idea where the beat was.

I think people are voting for Sanjaya just to piss off Simon. It's fun just to see him irritated every week.

Ok, so I agree Haley is just there since she's a pretty white girl, but in the long run I have faith, perhaps misguided, that one of the very talented yet average-looking black ladies will win this year!