Sunday, August 03, 2008

a kick to the stomach

Yeah...I know...for most of you, if not all of you, will think this is a little bit dramatic...but...Skip Caray passed away today in his sleep doing a nap. Who is Skip Caray? well, he was the voice I listened to as a kid, then teen, then adult on the Braves radio broadcasts. if ever there has been a constant with radio broadcasts for me, it was Skip Caray. Even more than Jim Phillips, for my Saturdays once highschool started found me mostly doing band events until a few years ago. But Skip Caray took me back to the late 70's listening to a rickity radio out the backyard while I shot baskets until it was too dark to see, then to sleep late into the night. He is a part of why the Braves are my NUMBER ONE TEAM, period. How many nights did i fall asleep listening to 1600AM while the Braves were on the west coast???...losing yet again.... countless..... so the broadcaster passed away today, and I am reminded that as a fellow diabetic, I have to do a better job of taking better care of myself. At any rate, i will miss hearing his voice on the Braves broadcasts.... flipping thru stations and automatically stopping when I recognized his voice out of the blue. Kinda reminds me that we are not guaranteed tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another blog on Skip Caray and the Braves you may enjoy... youtube clip at bottom is worth a watch and imagine you'll enjoy.

http://lawnchairboys.blogspot.com/2008/08/skip-carays-passing.html