Sunday, August 17, 2008

This gymnastics stuff...part Deaux....

...OK...first of all, watching this supposed competition makes me really wonder just how this crap is judged...the american girl does her vault and while not perfect, she at least lands on her feet, bounces a couple of times and walks away with dignity. The Chinese girl goes and vaults and lands almost on her face...landing on her knees and hands. And gets a better score. Dont give me that higher degree of difficulty crap. Shouldnt you at least have to actually land with your senses? given this whacked reasoning, I should be able to squeeze into some tights, and go down and throw myself into the air spinning and twisting in some vault that has the highest level of difficulty, land on my face breaking my neck, get carted off to some Chinese dungeon beneath Tiananmen Square and score better than the American girl. RIGHT? Right? RIGHT?!?!?! well this would be like John taking Laurens Junior High 7th and 8th grade band students and having them march at State Marching Band Festival and... well...since they are playing Flight of The Bumble Bee on upside down instruments...well...they score a 98.7 since their level of difficulty is out the roof. I am not following it... I think I'm just going to ignore this stuff till they figure out a way to be fair about the judging. I dont really care if the USA people win or not. well, maybe not true. I probably do care. But if the judging is fair, well it's all good.

Meanwhile, can't we find any fast black boys and girls to run track anymore? Where are they all?...trying to make Rap records? We got Jamaicans running at half speed blowing kisses to the crowd kicking our ass. Do we need to get some better steroids? Man... so what are we left with now?.... Womens soccer..barely. Men"s basketball...barely. Beach Volleyball? Volleyball? One robot we have disquised as a swimmer? womens basketball... womens softball? where did the boxing go? where are our rap artists running track? now that I think about it... i am starting to wonder if I would really care if Clemson went 14-0 and it was discovered later that the players were getting 100 dollar handshakes. Not like it hasnt happened before, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerome, man, if I were a sportscaster I would be spending every waking moment digging into what's up with the Jamaica track program. Not saying it's necessarily steroids but if not it's SOMETHING, be it superfood, some super coach, SOMETHING!!! I mean a population of 2,8 mil kicking our 300 mil butts not to mention 1 billion strong China. And to have done so overnight... seems every comment from the announcers sounds like, "WOW! Jamaica in the entire history of the Olympics had never medaled in this here event and tonight THEY SWEEP!". Sure should be an interesting story whether it's due to bad root cause or a good one.

Andee said...

I totally agree about the gymnastics judging. You also never see perfect 10 scores anymore, when that used to happen at least every other Olympics. And the 100 meter dash was crazy. I did love how the American took the bronze though. That part was awesome. Love John's comment above about the sweep!