Wednesday, August 19, 2009

it is always interesting to see the subtle change of Summer to Fall... walked outside yesterday onto the back deck and it looked like... Fall. and I forgot to mention that the leaves are already falling, which for my house, is not necessarily a good thing. Fall brings tons o leaves, constantly falling... then, a few minutes ago, I walked out front, and... despite the heat of today, it looks like October.

... with the twins today as the school district here seem to think that it's convenient to start school 2 weeks after everyone else. Tomorrow they will go the Sunshine House, which i dropped by to look at yesterday. Wow... nice place for the kiddies. They will be hooked up for the duration of there attendance there.

..starting to see more and more of the independent, almost arrogant, streak in I-Man as days go by. I largely ignore the occasional outburst, glaring looks and sassy comments as I know his control of those things isn't developed yet. But I can see the tiffs on the horizon, and they should be interesting. I do see a lot of his mental makeup mirroring me at times, and I sympathize with him more often than not. But the boy has a probable series of behind the woodshed moments looming for him, especially from his mother. Sometimes I sit there thinkin "um..I-Man...it would be in your best interest to go ahead and eat those green beans... seriously... dude... um... trust me... it REALLY would be in your best interest. a little discomfort now will save you a LOT of discomfort later..." meanwhile as he glares back at his mother, I am thinking..."DUDE... you have SO much to learn..." I don't think he is at the point yet where he can understand the adage "If Momma aint happy, nobody is happy". This was something I learned early on growing up and my Father used to tell me several times...

Of course, Ryles continues to instigate things. We are having to break her of the tattletale habit she seems to have developed, especially when she provokes I-Man then tells on him. That game has gotten old really quick and she spent time today alone in her bedroom for trying to tell on I-Man for something SHE started...

3 comments:

Andee said...

So SO true ont he Momma comment. :-) Does it freak you out to see so much of yourself in your kids? It does me.

John said...

Hard to believe, Jerome. They were PERFECT angels while you visited us :-)

Elliemay said...

....when I think fall, the first thing that comes to mind are weekends at your house, fire bowls, and football games :) (and the leaves, that def signals "fall" to me) Ah good times to come! I can't wait!