Sunday, August 02, 2009

A long week with mixed results

Since my last post... been to Saluda... SALUDA SOUTH CAROLINA, that is... then regrouped and joined family in Columbia, then on to Charleston in a last second change of plans for a day... back to Columbia, then on to Brooklyn, New York. Then out to New Jersey, then back into NYC and Brooklyn, before returning back home for good ole work. We missed out on seeing Kim, Brandon, Lisa, TJ and Trace because I ddnt pay attention to details and ask more questions. I assumed Saluda was in South Carolina... well..um... guess what? There is a Saluda, North Carolna and looking back in hindsight, I missed all the clues that should have told me to think instead of assuming.. so i missed a part of valuable vacation time that I had looked forward to spending with old friends. the plans for the kids AFTER we were supposed to see them in Saluda had them staying with Nanna and Papa in Columbia and time just didnt dictate that we could make the almost 5 hour trip it would have been to correct my mistake... so... those guys have to make up trips from us coming to them...

... we did get to see Cousin Madison and a birthay party for her... then the drive to NYC to see Erik, Pam and Kristen... actually did a couple of things in the City that I hadnt before... pictures coming tomorrow... time for bed now... but before I go, i must say that to be back at work and sit in the office and ponder your friends, it's just kinda sad at times... not the friends, but just how short the time spent with them now is, as apposed to the countless hours it used to be...

No comments: