Monday, April 25, 2005

seasons of change

...its kinda sad.... having to evolve as a parent...no longer can it always be able to be the good guy. The twins have gotten to they "bad" stage somewhat, where they want to do whatever it is you say for them NOT to do. Of course, this results in lots of discipline, and the accompanying crying (more fake than anything) and tantrums on the floor. And I guess it gets a little old after a while for me and Jessica. You dont want to constantly be yelling "NO!" to your kids, but we are in that stage right now. At least they seem to be getting a whole lot better with the potty training. Still some accidents, but I can deal with the accidents as long as the effort is there. So there is progress there, albeit later than most kids. But supposedly, twins develop that facility later than singles. Also, the entire "bad" thing is made higher by the fact that they egg each other on, and instigate things with each other. It is awesome to actually see them interacting with each other and essentially coniving to do something, but of course, ...we can't have that now, can we?

The Spring events list is moving on to the Darlington race weekend next weekend. We are heading to Florence on Friday next week, and I will get to go to the race on Friday night and the race on saturday night in Darlington. I might try to get a pitpass from my mother as a birthday present. We shall see.

I am starting today as a contract photographer for this company in Greenville. It is fulltime/part-time, so I am still looking for a more secure means of work. but this will allow me to work on my portfolio (photography). I am pondering getting into the whole freelance/portrait/wedding photography gig. Not sure yet, though... like I said, I need to work on my "book" as Erik might put it. My mother did say that she was willing to help me purchase some items I need for the portait side of things, like a background, etc. more on all of this later...

No comments: