Tuesday, May 27, 2008

tis sad, but true...

Yesterday at work we were talking about how we had to constantly be aware of where our children are, and how so different that was from when we were young. Back in the day, our parents would let us play outside all day long by ourselves. Now, we dont let out kids walk out the door for 10 seconds without us. I was reminded again last night as while I want to leave the windows open on the road side of our house (which in our configuration is on ground level), I am paranoid that someone might view this as an invitation to enter the house... so ...I make sure the windows to I-Mans room are closed and locked as well as the hallway window. It sucks because that changes the cool airflow thru the upstairs at night. SO...with the temp set to reach 87 or 88, I will power up the AC and set the timer/schedule for all that. It just sucks because I remember growing up and having all the windows, as well as the doors open growing up during the summer 24/7.

No comments: