Wednesday, May 14, 2008

well...

..did I mention that I went on Ebay and ordered the exact same Obama T-shirt for 1/3 the cost and it arrived in 3 days?...while there is still no shirt from the Obama camp? I sent them an email and I got this genuine, personal, well thought out reply...

Your item(s) are currently on backorder. As soon as the items arrive we will ship them out to you. We do apologize for the wait.

No signature...no mention of ANYTHING I said in my email....nothing.... despite the fact they charged my card a month and a half ago....And there was NO mention of the item being backorder at the time of my order. I deliberatly waited till that backorder notice went away before ordering... Now...I wonder several things... I wonder how many people who voted for Obama during the Hysteria 2 or 3 months ago would vote for him today if they were voting again (and will they cast that same vote come November?)Wonder if those people in Iowa and other places would cast the same vote again knowing what they know now from what they have seen over the longer haul. This primary thing where people are voting over the span of 6 MONTHS seems very, very flawed. Wouldnt it be better to have 1 day where all the states have their primaries? That way people in Iowa are voting with the same info as those in Oregon? I dont know...It looks more and more that I will be looking at a scenario again like last time where I am looking at who is the best of a sad lot of choices. While Clinton shows some balls and seems to have a better feel for standing up and leading, I have reservations about the underpinnings of what her administartion would have...definitely a more ruthless person...which might actually translate better for that position... MCCain will lose my vote if he goes with Huckabee as his VP. No way I vote for that. Period. That will leave me with Obama. This is starting to look like Bush/Kerry where I simply thought Bush was the better of 2 sorry choices... Will Obama ever show me any sort of hint of masculinity? Is Clinton going to always seem more of a man than him? I just have this mental picture of Obama sitting in the WHite House during a crisis biting his nails whining about wanting to "talk" to everyone and "work things out" while his wife is standing behind him in a leather corset and whip. Yeah..I know...I am probably way off base...but...It all seems to boil down with me that Obama seems..."weak". I guess I gotta decide if I can live with that for 8 years (presumably). I probably can given the other sorry choices I am left with. Sadly, I have no other choices because the system lets a few people in a few states decide who I will get to chose from come November.

By the way...at the race in Darlington, at the souvenir tralers all drivers have a trailer. Dale Junior has
TWO trailers, both of which had 10 lines of people 15 deep at them...kinda funny was that Kyle Busch had his souvy trailer parked next to one of the Junior trailers...(crickets chirping...)...I did Ryles a Racegirl shirt and I-Man an M&M shirt (with no mention on the #18 on it, heh..heh..)

Spending the day finishing my project of flipping our bedroom. We have moved the bed to look out over the creek in the backyard. I just have so much crap...


1 comment:

Andee said...

I too am for 1 primary day. Or get it done in say 2 weeks or so. Because you are right, I am not sure if the people who voted for him before would vote for him today.

Hillary's in it until the end. you would think that her advisors would tell her to read the writing on the wall.

Huckabee won't be the VP, so I wouldn't worry about that.

As always, a good post.