Monday, May 19, 2008

the weekend that was...

It was a great time for me in Charlotte this weekend. Saw the truck race on Friday night then the AllStar race, where my guy didnt really ever contend, but it was fun seeing Junior and the fans reacting to him being in front and/or in contention. Harwood got in a scuffle with some dumbasses behind us who had no hometrainin and were slinging beer on him and his wife Jessica. Brandy and Aj arrived on Saturday from some sorta magic wormhole (they just materialized...not sure how they knew where we were parked out of thousands of campers, but...well...it all worked out good)... I am always struck by how I now feel after these types of weekends...I am sad a little bit because I mentally look forward to having a good time, and it seems to go by so fast and then I am all of a sudden back at work... Much thanks for all the Birthday wishes from the FRAT bruhs...and of course Lynn, Kristen, Ellen and Ashley. Brandy gave this card that I thought fit my mood perfectly... It said "Celebrate friends...Celebrate fun...Celebrate joy...Celebrate love...Celebrate life." I think that I do try to do that and I mentioned this weekend that these times grow more and more fleeting. Our budding families and those more important demands make finding time for these types of events more and more problematic. Jessica got me a pretty slick outfit, AXE and tickets to a Greenville Drive game in June. And my Mother/Uncle got me a 500gb external hard drive which should pretty much end any issue with storage space for a long while... next up... headin to Columbia to assist Aunt Ellen moving this weekend...then 2 weeks after that is the Drive game then The Poconos for a race...oh yeah...and a visit with Kristen.

I did not take any pix of the weekend. I am not sure why. And that makes me sad.

2 comments:

Sweet T said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Amy works for the Drive...make sure to let me know what game it is. I'll let Amy know you'll be stopping by. Never know what kind of perks could come out of this!

Grandpa said...

June 4th I believe..headin to game with the twins...thanks!