Thursday, June 26, 2008

Guns...toys...Euro's and Soccer

Todays ruling by the Supreme Court was refreshing. I have grown tired and wary of the Supreme Court (at any level) acting like THEY should be the one making laws, instead of interpreting them. While I dont own a gun and dont really plan on it ( at this moment ), I certainly beleive in everyones right to bear arms. All the blather from people trying to say that this means that mental patients and felons will now be getting guns need to go away and try another tack. That aint true. Will the drug dealers and the sad, silly white kid who's been picked on and now wants to be some sorta sick hero still be able to get a gun. unofrtunnately...yes. And they would even if there was a total ban on guns. Pot is illegal too and I can get some within 24 hours if i was inclined to, which I am not.... which reminds me, I need to make sure the Pellet and BB guns I have are secured. I may one day consult Harwood on a gun purchase though, because you never know...ya know... and like I heard today, if you are coming in my house, you better be bringing a pizza or a supeona ... and you better be waving that supeona from the road, or you might get a baseball bat to the face.

...the other night sitting outside Ryles made an announcement that she had something she wanted Santa to bring. Of course, being someone who maintains a very close tie to Santa, my ears perked up, and I awaited with baited breath, anticipating a request for yet ANOTHER Barbie or Bratz doll, or even better... a Hanna Montana dress... well... Ryles declares that she wants a Nintendo DS.... (crickets chirping....).... and of course, I-Man chimes in that he wants one too...(more crickets.....)... which sent me to Best Buy during my lunch to check out for Santa what sorta material those devices will entail for him to make. sigh....(shakin head....

...The NBA draft...lots of freshmen and European players. wow....

...And speaking of Euro's.... it has been interesting watching Euro2008. And we get Germany vs Spain. gotta admit that Germany is not an option for me so I will be pulling for Spain, especially since I just love Spain's home jerseys. I am not a huge fan of red, but Spain's red home jersey with yellow(gold?) stripes with black shorts are pretty tight....

No comments: