Monday, July 14, 2008

just shakin' my head and wonderin'

...about the cover of The New Yorker and just what those guys were thinking. I mean, it actually took me a few minutes to spin that around and around again and MAYBE get what the satire for what that was. I guess maybe it was actually meant to be seen a couple of ways, and that confused me...but... somebody might be out of work soon over that one.... the whole "Barack is a Muslim because of his middle name" is so tired. I guess I'm a member of the IRA because of my first and middle names, huh?

...and isnt interesting that the price of a barrel of oil was starting to drop, when... well, well, well...Iran "supposedly" shoots off a bunch o rockets and starts jumping up and down shouting LOOK AT US. Well.. they did shoot off some old rockets of theirs...nothing new it seems. But of course, that sends the price of oil skyrocketing again. Lets see...Irans total economy is based off oil, and they are totally invested in keeping the entire area unstable and therefore keeping idiots jacking the price of oil up on all fronts.... its like if a Jew steps on an ant in Syria, the price of oil goes up....

...Coach Ibrahim (the old soccer coach from Clemson) passed away over the weekend.

I think I have placed the August Bristol Friday night race back on the docket... if anyone wants to join Harwood and me to see the Cup guys practice and qualify, and the Nationwide guys race, let me or Harwood know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerome, wee bit surprised at no mention of Tony Snow's death. I found him to be a pretty classy guy, not to mention learning this weekend that he was definitely a music fan, and far from the worst flute player I ever heard -- pretty tripped out hearing him taking on Aqualung with Jethro Tull.

Actually, in some ways he and Russert were similar in that they had their own , political leanings and although on somewhat opposite sides they didn't seem hateful to the other side -- it seemed they really wanted politics to do good for mankind versus just fight against the other party at all costs. Both seemed like kind, gentle souls with great love for their families. Kind of found it interesting this week when I turned on FoxNews and saw them reporting the breaking news of Tony's death. Changed to CNN and they had a big tribute to Lady Di's passing... hmmm.... will at least give FoxNews credit that they gave MUCH kind words throughout the ENTIRE day when Russert passed and it seemed sincere. Turned on CNN throughout the day, and it just seemed they were giving occasional blips of very neutral lip service from a "strictly news" standpoint. Realize that one death was more of a surprise... but... just saying one seemed a little less balanced to me. Anyway, again I'm truly sorry to have seen both gentlemen pass, and like you, I won't say anything at all in regards to the former NC Senator based on your mother's true words of wisdom.