Thursday, July 31, 2008

oh yeah...and the beach part

We did get to the beach...but we first went to Murrells Inlet and did the seafood dinner thing. But this was a lunch instead, and it was a better idea, I thought. I has some fresh flounder, and was not tricked into eating shark, squid, octopus, clam, dolphin or even... deer. Good old flounder. And it was tasty. We then went to Brookgreen Gardens. That was pretty cool and we walked around the gardens some and saw lots of statues and art, as well as naked women. We also spent time in their "zoo", which was about as close to a tropical rainforest as I need to come. But that was pretty slick. If any of you go down there and you are looking for a change of pace while at the beach, I think you should try it for a few hours. Of course, below is what I-Man thought of the Gardens after about 6 minutes....



Like I said, I-Man's comment was "When do we get to BOOGY BOARD!!!!". Well, we went across the street to the beach and all I saw was a flash and I-Man was into the water for 2 hours and 15 minutes straight. Below is what he was doing for 2 hours and 13 minutes...One minute was spent sprinting toward the water, the other minute was when he reluctantly left the water....






Ryles spent a shorter period of time in the water, and spent her other time in more creative pursuits....




On our way back home, we stopped off to help Uncle Wes and Aunt Ashley celebrate cousin Madison's first birthday. It was the typical mashed cake, smeared icing "what the frak is this?!" sorta event, but She obviously enjoyed herself and racked in some birthday loot.

No comments: