Tuesday, February 03, 2009

put up or shut up

...tomorrow is time to get off the porch and run wth the big dogs time for Clemson Basketball. I almost hate to say anything for fear I furthur jinx the team. They showed some moxie on the road at VaTech last week and this is definitely the best "program" at Clemson. They certainly seem to be the best coached, best organized and least affected by the permanent cloud of "getting punked" that floats over Clemson. on another note, the football team seems poised to get a small, but impressive recruiting class...

...someone actually commented at work today that we didnt really need to have Black History Month now that Obama is President... um...anybody who is reading this who beleives that, please speak up.

...looks like the frat Alumni retreat is a go. 15 dollars a person for Alumni. I am now looking forward to saee how many alumni actually show up. The last time the actives made efforts to accomodate Alumni, only 1 person showed up.... now that the Actives seem to have nailed down a place/time/etc, I think I will take a more active role in setting up an Agenda and Activities that would make it worthwhile for the Alumni to show up

... First Nascar race is this Saturday...

...but Jessica's parents ( and Aunt Ellen I think) are coming into town to assist with the re-do on the downstairs half bath. Jessica has ripped up the tiles, and has taken out the old sink....

the phenomena that is facebook continues. It is so interesting to see people from WAAAYYYY back back and see their families and kids, and think back to those many years ago...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this alumni retreat you speak of? I have not received any notification of such... And I see the Kappa Beta website (http://people.clemson.edu/~kkp as shown on the national KKPsi chapter registry) is "under construction."

Thanks,
Josh
jdwyattATjoshua.raleigh.nc.us

Grandpa said...

Website is being revamped to bring it inline with the Clemson University Guidelines, blah, blah, blah...

The retreat I speak of is an Alumni get together running concurrently with the Active's retreat. You wanna come? perhaps about 15 alumni will be there...

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful, and I would especially like to get to know some of the current actives, but I'm not sure it will be in the cards... Pretty full dance card these days. But I will see what I can do.