Monday, June 01, 2009

The end of innocence?

OK... so some people might be wondering why I would be meticulously scouring the FiFa 2009 manual at work, trying to figure out how to defend better... well... since I had to resort to basically tripping up I-Man in the penalty box to keep him from scoring on me (and thus forcing him to a penalty kick and his kicking the ball too hard and over the goal everytime), i figured I better make myself legitimately competitive so that WHEN he figures that out, I will be ready. It wont be long...

yeah... When I-Man started trash talking me while racing on Burnout Revenge, all the while taking random shortcuts that he just seemed to figure out were there via some sorta osmosis, and beating me by a half a mile, I figured I needed to practice. I sent I-MAn to bed (the conversation when something like "me...Time for Bed, I-Man!... I-Man...But...daddy..its only 5:30 on a Saturday.... me... GO...TO...BED...NOW!!!!!").... so i practiced after noticing that I-MAn drives withthe wild abandon of someone who has never crashed before... i.e, he never uses his brakes. Therefore he is able to go faster, but potentially crashes more. So... after practicing braking in the turns, I waited till he inevitably asked to race again. First race I win and I-Man says "wow..you are really good, Daddy"...but he wants to race again. I bet he was figuring that I got lucky after he crashed several times and watched me drive by him while he was in a smoking heap... we race again... as we are racing along, all of a sudden the game stops. I look over at I-Man ( i was smoking him after he had crashed several times) and he states "I dont want to play anymore. I dont like this game anymore"... heh...go figure.. I made him finish the race after which he stormed backup stairs to watch the same episode of Phineas and Ferb or Suite Life of Zack and Cody for the 46th straight time

So I digress... somehow, after only showing him the basics, he demonstrated that it will be a short learning curve in FIFA. SInce I would like to get some enjoyment out of the game, I need to be ready...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Hmm...Ian's reaction oddly reminds me of a chess game I once played...