Sunday, June 28, 2009

The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep...

”I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change” -Michael Jackson

After putting it off for a couple of years, we finally hit DisneyWorld last week. We didn't tell the twins that we were actually going there until about a minute before we saw the sign up above. Needless to say, they were ecstatic once they found out why they had ridden 31/2 hours. It took 17 "How many more minutes/hours/miles till we get there" on the ride to Pam and John's house, then 6 more the next morning until we arrived at the park. Once inside, we immediately headed to Splash Mountain, which is still about all I-Man can talk about wuth DisneyWorld. And I got totally soaked on the FIRST FRAKKIN RIDE... while I-Man got just a little sprinkle on him... It really took me a little while to get my bearings because my usual preference back in the band days was EPCOT, but once we got going, we hit every major and minor ride, except Space Mountain which is under renovation. I am not sure I-Man and Ryles would have been to thrilled about that anyway based upon their reaction to Thunder Mountain ( or whatever its called). That scared them and they left the ride a little shell shocked... at any rate, the twins actually lasted longer than I thought they would, going strong at the park from about 11:30am till 9pm and it was worth it to see their faces once they learned of where we were actually going.... Next time we plan to stay longer, tenative plans being to take on both Disney and Epcot, then revisit with John and Pam and take in a local water park and more fishing. Speaking of fishing, we stayed with old friends John and Pam and their new daughter Lauren Grace in Tallahasee. We visited a car museum that has to be seen to be believed. The kids also would have spent 24/7 in their pool if had let them. We also were fortunate to have John be gracious with his time, money and boat to take us out on the ocean for some fishin'. I caught a 5 foot baby hammerheard shark that took me 27 minutes to fight to reel in. Unfortunately, the reel broke just as I was lifting him into the boat... so... I didnt get a picture of it.... go figure ;)

It is really sobering, these vacation times... but it was so fun. now...back to the grind...till the next "vacation"

1 comment:

Andee said...

Looks like loads of fun! I love Disney World, just not the prices. And I've only gone deep sea fishing once, but I had a blast! I'm so glad that you guys had fun.