Wednesday, July 15, 2009

musings

We saw Transformers last night, after realizing that Star Trek seems to no longer be showing anywhere in the upstate except Spartanburg. The kids saw Transformers last week with Nanna and Papa. I was somewhat surprised at the amount they increased the ante with the "adult" humour and references. I also found Mudflap and Skids and their obvious characterizations to be a little much. But... I was entertained. just a little surprised at how much more adult this movie was. I wasnt offended or any thing but if I would have known ths about the movie, I probably would have not allowed Ryles and I-Man to see it... on a similar note, I am amused, yet dismayed at how much is blocked now on our Cable now that I have the parent lock on. And now that the twins are now even more proficient at surfing the web, I am going to have to get into the router and block access to sites on the web. it is a shame but... well... I can already see Ryles branching out more and more.

I saw that HealthCare is now a right of all Americans. Does this mean that I am required to pay for health care of everyone who doesnt try to have a job? Does this mean that I will now be taxed or fined if I dont have what the givernment deems is adequate? Can someone explain to me how it is that Congress keeps passing all these bills and measures in the middle of the night when NO-ONE has read them, or...they have not even been fully written? What happened to the transparency that Obama promised?

Speaking of transparency... "A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office." You know, Obama could solve this question and shut people up by simply showing his birth certificate. Why doesnt he?

but anyway, more importantly... Why do I have this since of dread regarding G.I. Joe? the trailers I have seen seem imply this sorta Matrix, dark implementation of the story... not sure how I am going to like it. I guess if I put up with how they did Transformers, I can stomach this as well

No comments: