Friday, July 17, 2009

where does this come from?

Interesting to hear my son speak. He has developed this almost Charlestonian type of Southern accent to his speech. Interesting in that I certainly do not speak that way and his mother does not either. But to hear him say "Come heeyah!" or "Look at that Spyduh", as opposed to Ryles more "correct" speech further illustrates that while they are twins, they are definitely two different people who are learning and comprehending things differently.

Purchased LLBean bookpacks for.. gulp... the 2nd frakkin grade!!! last week. Actually, Aunt Ashley did it for me and I was able to get free shipping and monogramming with her help (and her LLbean card). They get bags that I figure wont look like everyone else's, and I monogram them so some punk ass kid isnt as likely to try to walk off with them because they are different. Why different?... well, if you havent been to school to pick up your kid yet and seen the mass confusion that is the pile of bookbags sitting in a corner, then you will understand one day in the future.

of course, the twins returned home and what visit to Nanna, Papa or Grandma would be complete without Grandparent loot...I-Man was very proud of his 363rd Transformer, called Rampage (think... part of Devastator). Actually, this Transformer is pretty damn cool. but... I have long since given up hope that they would be able to visit without a return with a xmas type load of loot. But I also am looking forward to one day doing the same thing with my own grandkids...heh, heh... "here grandson/daughter, have this 4700 piece lego set of Littlejohn Coloseum complete with a mini Basketball Pep Band" all the while thinking of Ryles or I-Man stepping on some random sharp small piece of lego during a 2 am visit to the bathroom..

1 comment:

Amy said...

I got my LLBean book bag in something like 8th grade...and it's still going strong for me now. They're expensive, but they're definitely meant to last and are a good investment.