Wednesday, July 22, 2009

the things we used to do

As Jessica was cookin' some baloney (or is that balogna) today for lunch, remembered that back in the day growing up, we used to burn fires almost every day, especially during the summer. It was usually trash of the day, or leave/brush/whatever accumulated.. and if the haul was particularly good, a TIRE!!!.. and tires make the best fires in the whole wide world. At least we thought so back then. That was before the recent rash of yearly July 4th fireworks plant explosions... but i digress. What i remembered was that we would often cook hotdogs or even "baloney" over these fires, including the especially cool Michelin or Goodyear fires. Thinking about it, I now know why those hotdogs would get SOOOOO black. I can only shake my head...

But man...I think next time we do a firebowl, I am going to try to find a tire to put in it. And see how quick the police and fire department show up..

3 comments:

Lunchbox said...

That actually explains quite a bit.

John said...

One of your BEST BLOGS... EVER!!! Actually had me laughing out loud :-)

And joking aside, burnt the trash last night before I headed out of town... was a decent fire but sadly no tire ;-)

وليدالعروي said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بابها
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام