Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Recitals down...


This past weekend saw the Twins Dance and Tap recitals happen... along with a long Dress rehearsal that is about as organized total confusion can ever be. But somehow, it all comes off nicely and I guess it is kinda like how band stuff must look to normal people at times... I always like sitting at the Recital and watching all the groups. 99.999999999 percent of these kids will never dance professionally but I always remember and can appreciate what they are trying to do...the time and energy put into weeks and months of practice for what... 5 minutes in front of a few family and friends and interested onloookers. But I think of the journey these kids and and young adults are making, and the memories and friendships they are forming. Five minutes IS worth it.

and the music. I love how music always takes my mind somewhere else. To places elsewhere and to people far away and times in the past. I always sit in these Recitals and ponder where would I be without music. And I KNOW i wouldnt be in a better place.... I hope that my kids will continue to have a place in their lives for the ARTS, because I think unless they are destined to be able to throw lefthanded a baseball at 95 miles per hour or something else like that, they will get a lot out of the ARTS, whatever direction they go into...

1 comment:

xellent2.0 said...

http://xellent2.0.myminicity.es/