Sunday, April 11, 2010

week - end - o - rama


so... Went to Heritage park yesterday with Brandy and her daughter, then over to their house for dogs and burgers. I had been to that park before but only once for a winter carnival type thingy and didnt realize just how many thingys for kids were available, as well as ball fields. We have a pretty robust recreation center here in town but except for the amount of ball fields and soccer fields, it was pretty impressive. And the train, while mini Disney like, was pretty fun too...

today was a pretty slow day but we did manage to get that big rock that was blocking part of the creek broken up and now the creek is flowing again correctly. of course, in that process, i ended up falling into the creek and had my Droid in my pocket. But i got up quickly enough that my phone did not even get remotely wet... so problem avoided. We then went and did some soccer skills drills with I-Man and Rylee on the soccer fields and then hit yet ANOTHER playground afterward. Returned to home and the twins hit the creek out back again for some sliderama fun... For those of you who dont know the layout of our home, we have a major creek running thru our backyard that at times actually draws groups of kids to the elevated part where they like to slide down to a pool of sorts that exists. I am not too fond of the skater boy types who like to show up but I have resisted putting up a No Trespassing sign and sitting up in our bedroom and picking off the Goth kids who loiter around ( or at least used too...) with my BB gun... they havent been back for a while. But I anticipate once school lets out, they will return...

No comments: