Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOWSTORM 2011... SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!



well, It dumped some serious snow here today... looks like about 8 or 9 inches for us here at our house. I havent seen that much here since the 80's... I must agree with my friend Kim that my thoughts on snow are pretty much that its cool to go see it and maybe ski in it or watch the winter Olympics, but it aint cool when it falls in your town. Yeah, its pretty and all for about 20 minutes, then try to go somewhere and the roads are all jacked up, everything is closed, and you STILL have to go to work. Maybe back in the day when you got out of school, it was another level of cool on top of the pretty.. but now I have to worry about if the kids will have school or not, and how that affects daycare for us... or if they will get out early, and who will watch them for us if Jessica has to work as well... oh, and then they ever so slight worry of a power outage, and all that goes with it. So.. I dont give a crap if it NEVER snows here again. it can snow up the road all it wants, but the fact that the roads with be treacherous for the next 2 days annoys me. But the kids enjoyed it immensely, playing with the neighbors kids and sliding down the hill toward the creek and all that kids usually do in SNOWSTORMS of the CENTURY....

I think one thing that I found interesting was that after we were able to get my car down, then back up the hill away from my house and parked a quarter mile away so I can go to work tomorrow after all this crap freezes, I walked back in the snow drifts back home and actually had 4 people stop and ask me if I needed a ride. I thought that sorta nice stuff from strangers had completely died away for many reasons... while I turned every offer down ( i was not going to ask any of them to actually drive down the hill then back up it to get to my house), i was pleased that people actually still did that sorta thing.

so... anyways... moving along...

No comments: