Sunday, January 16, 2011

So... I am currently sitting in a cabin in Gatlingburg, as the Family Vacation is winding down... tomorrow, I will head home, eventually. It has been a fun adventure with Nanna, Papa, Uncle Wes, Aunt Ashley, Cousin Madison and Aunt Ellen... It started with a cabin switch due to roads being supposedly impassable to our original cabin, but they upgraded us for no additional charge to more bedrooms, etc. and it actually ended up working out well, upon reflection. We then hit the sloped at Ober Gatlinburg, along with seemingly half the East Coast ( at least Tennessee and half of Clemson) as well... lines were extremely long but eventually we were able to get on the snow. In the meantime, I-Man and Ryles went ice skating for a bit and learned about the phrase "hurry up and wait", which didnt seem to sit well with them... Ryles did a short period of skiing before heading back home with Nanna and Papa ( did I mention the tram ride 2 miles up the mountain?) but I-Man pretty much put on the ski's and fell a couple of times before flying down the intermediate slopes. I had to stay with him constantly else he would have tried to go up to the advanced slopes and try to replay Winter Olympics Super G or something... That was yesterday... we eventually ended up doing night skiing... today we went back with Uncle Wes and attempted snowboarding with I-Man. It was a little bit more challenging to him than I think he thought it would be... eventually, we went back to ski's and he started barreling down the intermediate slopes at breakneck speed again... upon return to the cabin, we went out and did a little shopping and got Ryles some new boots and sneakers at the outlets. Tomorrow, we leave the cabin and will probably hit more shoppin before coming home for the real world again...

I think the gathering went well, and I learned some things to note for the "next time". it is always good to spend time together without theimmediate responsibilities that always seem to pull us away from each other... I ponder this type of stuff... we are not guaranteed tomorrow...

No comments: