Monday, August 22, 2011

I think one thing that I have been a little perturbed about is that I-Mans soccer stuff has forced me to miss friends I dont get a chance to see too often. The other week I missed seeing Kristen and her family due to his 3 days a week practice schedule and it seems a schedule change to his Fall tournament schedule is going to make me miss a planned get together with friends this later in the Fall. I dont know. I want I-Man to have fun and he wants to be at this level of soccer. So I willingly take the time and do what it takes to get him to practice and the tourneys. I guess its all a part of that circle... I wonder how many things my parents missed out on doing while sitting in the car watching me do football practice, or while sitting in the car waiting on me to finish Marching Band practice.... or how much time did they miss that could have been spent chillin on a Friday or Saturday evening, but instead they were waiting on a band bus that was 45 minutes late at 11:00pm at night... I guess I'll never know... but I also know that i suspect one day way down the line Ryles and I-Man will suddenly understand just how much time this takes for them to be having all their fun and development. All I say is that there better be scholarships down the road for all this....

No comments: