Tuesday, November 01, 2011

so... I think I am a tad bit tired of Halloween. First of all, we start talking about this so called "holiday"? in late August and when it falls on a Monday (or even Sunday) it is a 3 or 4 day gorge fest on candy. now... i like candy. I dont eat too much of it for many reasons. But it really is all the kids are thinking about. It really is selfish and we all feed into it.. How much did you get? what did you get? I think the Charlie Brown Special pretty much sums it up... "I got a rock"

and as I have said before, I am not sure I like how the "Holidays" are heading. We will now essentially bypass Thanksgiving and start getting pounded on Christmas "stuff". And I am not talking about the actual meaning /history/symbolism of Christmas. But the Santa/Skatell her/Its he most wonderful time of the year over and over will start to be pushed down our throats. Once again, i tread carefully cause I dont want that part of Christmas going away.. But I also want to make sure the twins understand where these "Holidays" actually came from this year. And the symbolism of Santa and gift giving, etc. will have to be stressed this year... I think I might have to find that "The Little Drummer Boy" on DVD to go a long with the Charlie Brown Specials, Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer, Santa Claus is Coming to Town and... yes... The Polar Express.

No comments: