Thursday, November 03, 2011

tsk.. tsk.. somebody at work dared to break what is normal policy at work and brought up Herman Cain to me and asked me what I thought about the harrassment scandal thingy. Well..

tsk, tsk.. I can certainly see where this is a story. But I also see where people will take the opportunity for their 15 minutes of fame. And then you will see the piling on... women coming out of nowhere suddenly saying this and that. Probably the truth lies in there somewhere. I can kinda see him as a guy who might occasionally make off color remarks or bad attempts at innuendo humour. So I bet he has said some things in the past that i am sure he regrets now. And his inexperience on this stage is hurting him at this junction. He will eventually have to start having a savvy press secretary soon to run interference for him IF...IF he gets past this current bruhaha. I am guessing they might feel he can ride it out. I am not sure the media is going to let this go considering it seems they have deemed Romney as who they want to run against Obama.

at the end of the day, the charges are serious. And Cain did not handle it well from get go (see: inexperienced at handling the bigtime stage) Personally, I am curious to see how this all comes out. I dont see it being a deal breaker for me based on what has been leaked.. so far. I havent heard where there has been anything physical... yet. And while any sort of sexual harrasment toward anyone should be addressed, it remains to be seen just whether or not this stemmed from the "lets sue over anything" days 20 years ago, or belies a more serious systematic problem with his character. he wouldnt be the first President, or probably last, who has had "issues" with women, would he? Its just now it is something to generate ratings and get people to watch/read....

No comments: