Thursday, January 05, 2006

just surfin

…read an email from an ole friend today…got memories from High school band floating through my head… I can still remember the marching band show from my freshman year in high school…I keep visualizing parts of “Hello Again” and “She Believes in Me”. Right now I am listening to Ray Charles singing Eleanor Rigby. I encourage everyone to listen to this version, then listen to the original. Pretty slick on his part. Kinda sounds like how I would do a song if I was to cover a song that was so ingrained in peoples minds.

Now listening to Warren G and Nate Dogg….
(Nate Dogg)
Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold
Now they droppin' and yellin'
It's a tad bit late
Nate Dogg and Warren G had to regulate

Oh…have moved to Kenny Rogers…
And she believes in me, I'll never know just what she sees in meI told her someday if she was my girl, I could change the worldWith my little songs, I was wrongBut she has faith in me, and so I go on trying faithfullyAnd who knows maybe on some special night, if my song is rightI will find a way, find a way...

Funny how something like band, and a show from the Fall of 1981 could have such a burned in memory. 1981!!!

Now..Billy Joel…
Brenda and Eddie were the popular steadies
And the king and the queen of the prom
Riding around with the car top down and the radio on
Nobody looked any finer
Or was more of a hit at the Parkway Diner
We never knew we could want more than that out of life
Surely Brenda and Eddie would always know how to survive
Oh, oh, oh, oh... (2x)

Oh, and now, after days of cuddlin with the Idawg and sleeping with it, Rylee now deems the Idawg evil and that it is “scaring her”. Had to move the Idawg away. Too bad for Idawg.


No comments: