Thursday, May 18, 2006

Old man B

Yeah, I know...its probably already annoying you...but I thought one of browns emails was worth a reply here.
Old man b says....
we need to talk about several things...shaq's resurgance....why the braves & yanks have fallen into complancency despite two disparate gm strategies....elton brand...many many things, but i just read your blog today after a while, and i was fine until i read the 5/1 post with the addition by ms. angela winters (i was going to skip it, but something made me read it). i love it when you post stuff like that because sometimes they either make me laugh out loud, or they poke the sleeping bear (when that happens it ususally raises my blood pressure several points & takes years off my already probably short life, but i love it anyway)

Ok... Shaq...my man...The Diesel.... Superman...the Big Aristotle. Seems Shaq might be falling into the Kareem role, which i think would fit him nicely. average 18pts and 10 boards...let Flash/Green Lantern/Wade play the Magic role. That is what i would like to happen. but, we shall see what happens in this next round...that is, if the Pistons dont let Rasheed make them look like utter fools.

The Braves have closed to 31/2 back. if i were the Mets ( or Phillies), i would find some way to put the boot on the neck of the Braves, so to speak, because if the let the Braves hang around, they will suddenly look up and theyll be 10 games back and wondering how the Braves played them like bitches again. Because both the Yankees and the braves now have that "We exopect to win...someway, somehow, eventually" sorta mentality which can only be defeated by taking the hobnailed boot and crushing the will (see Boston 2 years ago) of the evil Empire.

Elton Brand...i remember sitting in Pep band and seeing him as a freshman and thinking to myself..."he is definitely not a Duke player"..."Way too "I'm takin my game to the NBA because i will be a STAR there"kinda feel to him". But i didnt expect him to be this good and this polished. I guess only him and Grant Hill ...made it. Well, maybe maggette too. oh, and i guess laettner kinda. But, you know...YOU KNOW.... this is the year for them. No way The Lakers become upstaged by these guys.... You probably wont hear from Brand again until....he becomes a Laker.

I post that sorta stuff because i expect it will make everyone think. I dont always agree with it, but it is usually something I found thought provoking.

No comments: