Friday, April 20, 2007

Oh..the humanity..

Ok...i could go on and on abt the stuff that happened up at VaTech, but..I wont. I think enough has been said already.

...a few months ago, I ran over this large piece of rubber on the road and it put a huge hit on my skid pad on the Jetta. I was able to repair, but it was really only a temporary fix. The dealer wanted over 400.00 for what is essentially a large, hard piece of plastic with sound dampening material on it. Well, It eventually fell back down and has started to drag and I could no longer get it to stay up. So I searched high and long and..of course...there are parts stores who carry the OEM part for 135.00. So, i ordered it last night, should be here on Monday, and this morning i took off the old skid pad. Now I got to see if I can get over to the Harwoods and see if he will let me use his lift to put the new one on. My Jetta has done me good but it is starting to need replacement parts...like all new shocks, and well, I will need tires by June or July i figure. Then will come another timing belt replace. All of this will hopefully tide me over to the 200,00 mile mark, when I can perhaps think abt the eventual replacement... the question then will be to stick with diesel, try to go hybrid, or go BMW. At any rate, that is still over 2 years away... got other things to take care of first.

I am workin on a solution to where I will be able to post my pictures here at home. I hope to have that up and running by next weekend.

...tomorrow is SED convention. It is only one day this year and I can honestly say that I m glad. It will be good to see old friends again but I will also see them again in July, so the time missed away from home is valuable. Hence, the sentiments...

Happy Birthday to Lynn..Yesterday. Yep...we are startin to get a tad bit old...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that I have known you now for over half of my life, and what a great half life it has been,

love ya'
Lynn

Anonymous said...

In a few weeks you are going to feel reallllly old