Wednesday, December 19, 2007

time marches on...

9 years ago we were getting ready for a wedding...today we are getting twins dressed in pajamas for a slumber party at school, warming up the car, packing lunches, etc. I'm not going to launch into my usual rant about people wondering out loud about "what about the kids?" or the wedding invitations being sent back to us rips in pieces by family members... i guess I should conveniently let all that water flow on down the river...or should i? Funny how all the gloom and doom talk has not even remotely become an issue. The ship set sail and there were people on the boat, and some people had to catch a plan to catch up...but at any rate.... i listened to a song yesterday and i thought I'd share part of those words with you...

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

[Chorus:]
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
-Rascal Flatts

2 comments:

Jecca said...

Love you honey.

Andee said...

Happy Anniversary!