Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Band names...

Names for bands these days amuse me... I downloaded some more songs last night for Guitar Hero and some of the songs are by some band called The Dropkick Murphys. I found that highly amusing... Tigers getting some luv nationally in regards to the tourney...lets see what happens if they dont hit their free throws down the stretch on Friday night.... I remember the last time the Tigers were in the Ncaa's..Chicago... watchin some punk from Western Michigan get his "one shining moment" bowing to the TV, while watching Brown stare at the Stanford tree jumping around as we were ushered out quickly... i will say it again...those pictures of the cheerleaders crying and the pep band members in shock are because they know that in about 45 minutes they will be on a plane back home...it ends very, very quickly... Trust me..I remember all too well a trip to New Mexico where i left on Wednesday night and was back in Clemson in time for 8am classes on Friday...heh, heh..too bad Josh couldnt get his sagebrush on the plane...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You being serious, Jerome? Never heard of Dropkick Murphys before the Guitar Hero experience? Funny you drop the name of the Boston MA punk celtic group on this, the week of ol' Saint Paddy's day ;-)

Table is turned on this one... I have yet to experience Guitar Hero but two of Dropkick Murphys' songs are solid favorites amongst the songs I listen to while running. I like both "Cadence to Arms" and "The Warrior's Code"... don't know how much free time (if any) you're going to have during the trip down for the frat meeting, but if any and if you can tear the console away from the kids without WWIII breaking out would be entertaining to see what all the fuss is about with the Guitar Hero thing ;-) If the kids need their fix, don't fret I can think up plenty of other adventures to keep you occupied.

John

Anonymous said...

I believe it was a tumbleweed! I have a picture from those days, and damn, was I skinny.
-j