Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sometimes I wake up with weird threads of thought running thru my mind... i guess they are probably some extension of a dream I might have been having (which I never remember). But this morning I woke up and was thinking about just how many times I might see some of my friends in my lifetime. Some of them I have a feeling I can probably place at the UNDER 20 range. Yeah, I know... morbid. but, realistic? I have no immediate plans as of now to get to New York/New Jersey/North Carolina before Summer 2012. I guess I could change that as it is within my power to do so.. but.. it still remains that it makes me sad. I dont work in a place where we are all friends and hang out after work. So my friends are all away from work. And outside of Brandy, Lynn and Harwood it takes months of planning to see anyone. And even when I see those above, it is an 45 minute lunch here, an hour brunch there... never anything where I get a feeling that I have had a legit chance to reconnect and talk about substance for any length of time. And when I do even visit with long times friends up north, etc. it is an 11 hour trip to have an hours worth of conversation while our kids run all around us. Now... life is what it is. And I dont think any of us would want to go back to sitting at Huddle House for hours on end versus what we have been blessed with now with our children and families. But I do miss an occasional night of wasteful rambling conversation going from one topic to the next... sigh, oh well.. I guess I just need to get over it and get ready for work.. again...

2 comments:

Florida John said...

Come on down... got some fatwood for the burn barrel and Sam Adams in the fridge... we can shoot the $#*! for the night and then go out and haul in some monster fish while shooting more $#*!. :)

Brandy said...

Awww...don't be sad, Jerome. You are blessed, and I'm blessed for having you as a friend. No doubt, though, that time is valuable.