Monday, April 18, 2011

I am always a little sad after returning from big Frat conventions like SED or National Convention. I spend time there wishing that any of my "peers" were there with me. While I enjoy hanging with the "kids", I kinda start to feel like some sorta old hard up guy who has no life following around 20 year olds. But it is kinda boring just sitting in a hotel room for the entire weekend.... but I am also resigned to the fact that no friends from my "era" want to come with me... perhaps a recurring theme, it seems... I keep wondering as I am driving home from events whether or not I am totally out in left field at times. I am blessed from my Father in Law with tickets for the Darlington Race but I will be hard pressed to find anyone who wants to go with me... I think what confuses me is that I love going to this sorta stuff, but seemingly I am the only person. At the root of my issue at times is that I can always get one of the kids from Clemson to go if I say "FREE!!!" but I dont wanna always do that... plus, I really enjoy being able to have a similar frame of reference. I like being able to talk about my family with someone who kinda knows similar experiences. But it just seems like I spend a lot of time talking to myself at times these days... I guess people just think that the can just know what is up with me by just reading this... I suppose there is some truth in that... Addendum: now, I am not asking for some sorta pit part.. I just wonder why it seems so difficult now...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I wish I could spend more time with you and my other friends. I wish that I called more often, but life just keeps me busy. And before I know it, a week and then a month, and then a year has gone by... I'm sure it is the same for everyone else. At the end of the day, we are pretty much the same friends we were (gulp) 10+ years ago.